Lauki Kofta Curry. Lauki Kofta Curry is a simple recipe, with which cooking becomes not only less tedious but also healthier as the kofta are steamed rather than fried. Cook the gravy on a medium flame to avoid burning of spices and onions. Lauki Kofta Recipe with step by step photos.
Lauki Kofta Curry has these koftas prepared with lauki in a larger proportion, in comparison to potato, to minimize the caloric value of the dish. Lauki kofta recipe - kofta made from bottle gourd (lauki) and besan, then deep fried in the oil. These koftas are simmered in creamy, flavorful onion-tomato-yogurt gravy. You cause simmering toast Lauki Kofta Curry using 19 receipt as a consequence 7 and. Here is how you gain.
process of Lauki Kofta Curry
- It's 1 of medium sized bottle gourd.
- You need 1.5 cup of tomato+Onion paste.
- It's 1.5 tbsp of garlic+ ginger paste.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of gram flour.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chili,chopped.
- You need 1 of bayleaf.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 4-5 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chili powder.
- It's 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of carom seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It's 1 tsp of coriender powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's of Oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
So I usually make lauki chana dal, muthia, thepla or soup and sometimes this kofta curry. Lauki Kofta is an Indian kofta curry made of deep fried lauki (bottle gourd) dumplings immersed in a spicy onion tomato gravy. Lauki kofta is more suited for home as it is more nutritious and low in calories. Lauki kofta is the lightest of all kofta dishes.
Lauki Kofta Curry little by little
- Firstly, wash, peel & grate bottle gourd. Add salt mix well, leave it for 5-10min. And squeeze with your hand remove water from bottle gourd. (Don't throw take water in a bowl).
- Now take grated bottle gourd in a bowl add green chilli, ginger garlic paste carom seeds, gram flour, cumin, coriander powder coriander leaves mix well add little water if required..
- Now heat 2-3tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry kofta on medium flame..
- For Curry:-Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, peppercorns, bayleaf, black cardamom, ginger garlic paste saute for a minute add onion tomato paste saute for few minutes. Add all spices mix well..
- Now add squeeze water mix well. Add 1 more cup water coverd and cook for 10-12 minutes..
- Now add kofta to the prepared curry stir well flame off..
- Serve with Rice / chapati..
Heat oil, deep fry koftas on medium flame until they are golden brown. Learn how to make Restaurant Style Lauki Curry at home with Chef Ruchi Bharani on Rajshri Food. Lauki is one such vegetable that not many people are fond of. He liked the koftas and gravy and polished off his plate. He asked me about the ingredient but I didn't tell him.