Healthy Fish Pie. This delicious fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish. with a cheesy potato topping is a tasty dinner idea. Find healthy recipes at Tesco Real Food. This healthier fish pie is easy to make thanks to its shortcut white sauce.
These comforting recipes are low in calories and fat, as well as being packed with veg. Tuck in to this hearty and healthy fish pie. Simple to make, totally comforting and a meal that the whole family will love. You achieve brewing griddle Healthy Fish Pie accepting 15 receipt furthermore 12 including. Here you go nail it.
method of Healthy Fish Pie
- Prepare 2 packets of Fish pie mix.
- You need 2 of Rainbow trout fillets.
- You need 1 packet of Raw tiger prawns.
- You need Half of Courgette.
- It's 6 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Leek.
- Prepare 1 of Broccoli.
- It's Handful of Baby spinach.
- You need Handful of Frozen peas/ soya beans/ edamame beans.
- You need 2 packets of Ready made mash potato.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Creme Fraiche.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Double cream or Milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Parsley.
- Prepare Knobs of butter and olive oil for frying etc.
When I was a lazy and unhealthy student, ready-made fish pie was my go-to meal. You can use any kind of white fish, such as cod or haddock, and even add an oily fish like salmon, to make this tasty fish pie. This delicious, healthy fish pie without potato is super quick and easy to throw together. This delicious healthy fish pie will be a repeat dish on your dinner table.
Healthy Fish Pie ingredients
- Cut up vegetables excluding broccoli. Ideally thinly sliced..
- Break broccoli head into smaller florets. Boil a pan of water. Boil broccoli until soft enough for mashing later..
- Heat a large frying pain. Use oil if desired. Fry Rainbow trout fillets. Once cooked, place in large casserole dish suitable for oven. Flake into pieces around 2 to 5cm size. Do not make too small as you want to keep the texture of fish chunks..
- Cook the raw prawns. Once cooked place in casserole dish..
- Cook the fish pie mix. Once cooked place in the casserole dish..
- In a large bowl combine the mash potato, drained cooked broccoli, butter and a dash of cream if desired..
- Mix mash potato mixture until well combined. Set aside for later..
- Add butter and oil to large frying pan. Fry sliced vegetables until golden brown. Once cooked add to casserole dish..
- Add baby spinach and frozen beans or peas to casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 180c fan oven (200c non fan or gas mark 6)..
- Add herbs, creme fraiche and cream/ milk to casserole dish. Mix so evenly combined but do not over mix so that the fish remains in a chunky form. Season with salt and black pepper..
- Once fish mixture mixed. Top with the mash potato mixture and smooth the top with a large spoon. Add a few knobs of butter to help crisp up the topping in the oven..
- Once oven preheated. Place fish pie in the middle of the oven for 25 to 30 mins. If top does not crisp up, use the grill in your oven for 2 to 5 minutes. I served my fish pie with steamed sweet cauliflower and sautéed samphire with a squirt of lemon juice..
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. For a guide to purchasing healthier packaged goods and general grocery items see here. Wade Murphy creates a healthy fish pie on Healthy Appetite. Take your desired pie dish - you can make individual pies or one big one. Lightly oil a deep pie dish and set aside.