Warak enab (vegetarian option). Lebanese Stuffed Vegetarian Grape Leaves (Warak Enab) fharajli Vegetarian food can get a bad wrap for being flavorless, dull and boring. Sorry vegetarians, it's a hard truth you have to admit. Slice the sweet potatoes using a potato slicer.
Time and time again I've failed to entice Ava with stuffed grape leaves. Let's just say she wasn't ready - neither for the somewhat chewy outer "skin," nor the mystery of what was inside. Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves are my all-time favorite dish that I grew up eating and actually grew up helping my mom make! You succeed roasting microwave Warak enab (vegetarian option) employing 11 technique so 7 steps. Here you are finish.
program of Warak enab (vegetarian option)
- It's 30 pcs of grape leaves (store bought).
- It's 2 cups of cleaned and washed long grain rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- It's 2 of large tomatoes diced into 1/8 inch.
- You need 2 tsp of sumac.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1 of large potato.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tbls of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tbls of olive oil.
In Arabic, we call it "warak enab" which means leaves of grapes, and traditionally it's stuffed with rice and meat or rice and veggies. While this is the rice and beef version, I also have the vegetarian stuffed grape leaves recipe if you prefer. Can you make the stuffing vegetarian? Yes, the vegetarian stuffing would be uncooked rice, parsley, tomatoes, green onions and green peppers.
Warak enab (vegetarian option) process
- For the rice filling: mix the rice, parsley, salt, sumac, cumin and tomatoes together until well combined..
- Mix in the 1 tbls of lemon juice and olive oil into the rice mixture and set aside.
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thickness and arrange at the it bottom of the pan.
- Start filling the vine leaves and arranging them tightly close to one another (make sure the stuffed vine leaves are closely packed so as to avoid them coming apart while cooking).
- Once all vine leaves are stuffed and arranged in the pot, add enough water to just reach the top layer of the vine leavesplace pot over high heat and add the 1/4 cup lemon juice (you can opt for less lemon if you’d like).
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and allow vine leaves to cook. I usually sacrifice one of the warak enabs to check if the rice has cooked through..
- Once rice has cooked through remove from heat and take out one vine leave at a time using a spoon. Be gentle so that the leaves don’t break. Serve warm.
It's basically the same stuffing that I use when I make my vegetarian stuffed grape leaves. In this recipe, you need to eyeball the amount of grape leaves, depending on the size of the leaves too. Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe - Warak Enab Khalil Alsalman. Stuffed Grape Leaves is an amazingly creative, tasty and healthy Middle Eastern dish. For the full recipe: http://www.fayesfood.com/lebanese-stuffed-vegetarian-grape-leaves-warak-enab/ A vegetarian version of Lebanese stuffed grape leaves.