You accomplish heating brew Lamb Biryani working 13 modus operandi also 10 moreover. Here is how you do a bang-up job.
compound of Lamb Biryani
- You need 4 Tbs of cooking oil or ghee.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece ginger root, peeled and finely chopped/ grated.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's 2 lb of lean lamb, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- You need 4 inch of piece of cinnamon stick.
- It's 10 of cloves.
- You need 10 of black peppercorns.
- It's 6-8 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 10 fl oz of yoghurt.
- It's 16 oz of basmati rice, washed,soaked in water for 1/2 hour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of saffron,soak in 2 Tbs boiling water.
Lamb Biryani method
- Heat 2 tbs oil or ghee in a large pan or wok, add the garlic,ginger,cayenne and cumin, fry for 3-4 minutes, keep stirring. Add lamb stir to coat with spices and fry until Brown..
- Add yoghurt and 1 tsp salt, add 1/4 pint water, bring to boil, give an occasional stir..
- Reduce heat, put lid on pan, simmer until lamb is cooked and tender, approx 60 minutes..
- Rinse and drain the rice, in a separate pan, boil 3 pts water with 1 tsp salt, add the rice and fast boil for about 1 1/2 minutes, drain the rice thoroughly, put to one side..
- Preo heat oven to 180 c, 160 fan. In a large ovenproof pan put 1 Tbsp oil or ghee, place in 1/3 rd of the rice, sprinkle on 1/3 rd of saffron mix, add 1/3rd lamb..
- Continue layers, finishing with a layer of rice sprinkled with saffron mix, pour over any liquid from lamb. Cover and place in oven..
- Cook for 25 - 30 minutes until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Lightly fluff up rice with a fork..
- Serve with a vegetable curry..
- You can top the rice with crispy fried onion, sultanas and or pistachio nuts..
- You can substitute chicken or cooked prawns (add prawns just before serving)for the lamb, not sure if this is traditional though..