Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake. This simple baked butternut squash is easy to make, delicious to eat, and looks beautiful on the plate. After baking in the oven I removed the skin and then covered it with butter, sea salt, fresh pepper, sprinkled brown sugar over it, and placed it back in the oven under the broiler just long. It has peach and orange flavors that create a tempting aromatic package with the sweet flavors of Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Butternut.
Therefore this baked butternut squash recipe makes an easy weeknight side dish. Especially in late Fall-Winter months when local squash is an abundance and summer veggies scarce. Baked chicken with potatoes and butternut squash is such a winter recipe but it's honestly perfect any time of the year. You produce steeping steep Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake using 14 instructions and 10 than. Here you are bring about.
process of Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake
- Prepare of rapeseed oil.
- Prepare of chicken thighs with bones and skins left on.
- You need of red onions, sliced.
- You need of leek, sliced.
- You need of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- It's of garlic, chopped.
- It's of plain flour.
- It's of vegetable stock. I use “Marigold” bouillon powder. Sometimes I use 250ml of dry white wine and 500 ml of stock. It’s fine both ways!.
- It's of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- It's of crème fraîche or 0-fat Greek yoghourt.
- Prepare of fresh coriander, chopped.
- It's of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
This is a great weeknight one-pan. The softness of the butternut squash and sweet potatoes is contrasted with the sharpness of the ginger, and the combination is truly magical. Cut the butternut squash and sweet potatoes into wedges. Roasted Butternut Squash is the perfect side dish any time of year.
Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake step by step
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, for Circotherm ovens 160C)..
- Heat the oil on the hob in a large roasting tin and, in batches, quickly brown the chicken thighs. Set aside..
- Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes, add the leek, chili and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the flour to mix well and fry for a further minute..
- Stir in the stock and then the Cajun seasoning. Return the chicken thighs to the tin, stirring well to ensure the thighs are coated by the mixture..
- Bring to the boil, stirring whilst doing so, and then transfer the roasting to the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Whilst this is cooking, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut it into bite-sized chunks..
- When the 30 minutes is up, add the potatoes and butternut squash to the roasting tin, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked..
- Quickly stir in the crème fraîche and then the coriander and season to taste..
- Serve immediately, piping hot onto warmed plates..
While I serve it as a side dish, I also replace potatoes or Roasted Sweet Potatoes It's an amazing addition to salads or soups and perfect topped the same way you'd top a Perfect Baked Potato! Chicken with butternut squash, cherry tomatoes and minty yoghurt dressing. This dish tastes just as good with sweet potato instead of butternut squash (and although white potatoes don't count toward Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish. Butternut squash, simply referred to as squash, is botanically a fruit. However, it can be roasted The pulp of the butternut squash is best processed through oven-roasting, steaming, or baking.