Watermelon Steam Cake (Bolu Kukus Semangka).
You engage in toasting warm up Watermelon Steam Cake (Bolu Kukus Semangka) practicing 12 prescription as a consequence 13 as a consequence. Here you go arrive.
technique of Watermelon Steam Cake (Bolu Kukus Semangka)
- Prepare of Ingredients A.
- It's 225 gr of all purpose flour.
- You need 175 gr of sugar (original recipe calls for 200 gr sugar).
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ovalett/cake emulsifier.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 25 gr of full cream milk powder.
- You need 150 ml of full fat fresh milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanila essence.
- Prepare of Ingredients B.
- It's 2 tbsp of black sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Food coloring (red, green, black).
Watermelon Steam Cake (Bolu Kukus Semangka) modus operandi
- Line your cupcake moulds with cupcake liner. This recipe makes about 11-12 cakes..
- Prepare and combine all ingredients A in a big bowl/mixing bowl. Set aside..
- Meanwhile prepare your steamer. Make sure the steamer is hot with lots of steam by the time you steam the cake and please cover the lid with clean kitchen towel to prevent any water dripping to the cake..
- Using your electric mixer, mix the ingredients A in low speed first to combine. After that, increase the speed to high and continue mixing for about 15 minutes. The batter will be very thick and white as the photo..
- Divide this batter to 3 portions (red, white, light green). Add food coloring as needed. Note: for dark green, I do it at the last step with remaining light green batter by mixing the light green batter with tiny drop of black coloring. I only have super black so mine turned very dark..
- The biggest batter will be for the red watermelon flesh. Add few drops of red food coloring and 2 tbsp of black sesame seeds to the red batter. White batter: without any food coloring. Green batter: add a drop of green coloring..
- Put green and white batter in piping bag.
- Fill in the cupcake mould with red batter first, about 3/4 of the height.
- Continue with thin layer of white..
- After white batter, continue with light green batter..
- Once you cover all the cake with light green batter, add a tiny drop of black coloring to the light green batter to make a dark green batter. Or you can add more green coloring too..
- Lastly, add dark green lines at the top of the cake. Use toothpick to create some zigzag pattern.
- Steam in high heat for 10-12 minutes. Please do not open the steamer lid to check your cake before 10-12 minutes. And finally, your steam cake will bloom beautifully 😄 and they are ready to serve!.