Crisp Roast Chicken.
You do ones thing boiling stew Crisp Roast Chicken proving 8 program than 4 as well as. Here you are achieve.
instructions of Crisp Roast Chicken
- You need of Corn Fed Chicken.
- You need of EV Olive Oil.
- It's of Mixed Herbs.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Lemon.
- It's of Garlic.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
Crisp Roast Chicken instructions
- Place your chicken on the carving board and remove the butchers string. Carefully loosen the skin from the breast with your fingers and be very careful not to tear the skin. With a sharp knife score through the chicken leg down to the bone..
- Finely chop up your herbs (I used dried herbs here - I would recommend using fresh herbs when you can!) and mix with olive oil. Season the bird well, all over and then massage the herbs across the entire bird too, including underneath the skin of the breast. Also add a healthy amount of butter underneath the skin - this will ensure that the breast meat will remain tender and juicy. Stuff the bird with a WARM lemon and then use some butchers string to tie (truss) the bird..
- Place two onions and garlic in a roasting tray and place the bird on top. Put into a preheated oven at 200 for 90 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, carve and enjoy. For added flavour use the juices in the roasting try plus the onion & garlic with some added cold water and seasoning. Whisk together and bring to the boil - stir constantly to reduce the gravy until it thickens to your preference, add flower if you like - I prefer it without. I recommend letting the bird rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before carving..