Kuku paka - African chicken curry. This east African dish is one of the easiest "curries" you could ever make. Kuku is the Swahili word for chicken, and paka is the Bengali word for delicious. This wonderfully flavorful curry comes from Kenya, along the East African coast.
This kuku paka recipe is a favourite amongst the family. It originates from the East African Coast with influence from the Indian cuisine. This traditional East African dish is a staple in our house. You achieve baking mull Kuku paka - African chicken curry applying 14 ingredients so 6 as well as. Here you go get someplace.
process of Kuku paka - African chicken curry
- You need 600 g of chicken tight.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder or paprika.
- It's 2-3 of big green chilli.
- It's 1 tin of coconut milk.
- You need Tin of sweet corn (I got mix peas and sweet corn so I use that).
- It's 1 of lemon.
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It's of Some salt.
- It's 1 handful of green beans.
- It's 1 of red chilli (finely chopped) for garnish.
- Prepare 1 handful of coriander.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
This traditional East African dish is a staple in our house. Kuku Paka is a chicken dish with a coconut-based curry and is also called "kuku na nazi". It has Arabic, Indian and African influences. The dish is particularly popular in the East African coast and among the Indian communities living in.
Kuku paka - African chicken curry singly
- Prep your ingredients, if you use chicken tight with bone I would leave the bone in and take chicken skin out..
- Marinate your chicken with garlic, ginger, green chilli, a pinch of salt and turmeric. Leave it for 15-20 min..
- On a griddle pan, high heat, spray some vegetable oil and place chicken on the griddle pan leave them cook about 3-5 min on each side or until chicken nice and golden brown on both side..
- On a saucepan, medium heat, add coconut milk in and wait until coconut milk start boiling, add the rest of curry paste from marinate your chicken and you can add some water on the griddle pan to get those lovely sauce out and pour it in the saucepan too. Add chicken and green beans then sweet corn..
- Add some lemon juice, seasoning with salt and add some coriander. Stir well and turn off the heat.
- Put some finely sliced red chilli on top before serve.
Kuku Paka is a spiced chicken and coconut curry dish that is full of exotic flavours. Also called Kuku na Nazi, the dish is popular in parts of East Africa and among Indian communities living in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Paka in Swahili means to smear. Variations: For authentic flavor, grill the chicken pieces before stirring them into the simmering sauce. If you like, you can also use Some recipes add potatoes or hard-boiled eggs to the curry.