Roast beef with steamed veg and roast potatoes. My favourite thing about this roasting pan is its size. A large pan like this provides enough room to surround the beef with vegetables. Roasted veggies cooked this way is just amazing.
Return roast to pan, pour beef broth and optional red wine over roast. Add thyme, rosemary and bay leaf to broth. Serve roast beef with all the trimmings for an easy meal rich in flavor. You achieve browning griddle Roast beef with steamed veg and roast potatoes applying 12 program together with 17 along with. Here you are do a bang-up job.
receipt of Roast beef with steamed veg and roast potatoes
- Prepare of joint of beef.
- Prepare of Extra beef fat.
- You need of fresh rosemary leaves.
- You need of large glass of red wine.
- You need of large potatoes.
- Prepare of broccoli.
- It's of green beans.
- You need of Cornflour.
- It's of bay leaf.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of gravy granules.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
The centerpiece standing rib roast is presented with roasted potatoes that are ridged with a fork so they can soak up ample pan juices. The potatoes can be boiled, tossed with oil, and refrigerated until needed. Rub the roast with a tablespoon of olive oil, then season generously on all sides with salt and pepper. Place the meat in your roasting pan, surrounded by potatoes.
Roast beef with steamed veg and roast potatoes separately
- Put the beef in a sealable freezer bag and pour in the wine. Seal and leave overnight (or for a few hours if you want to cook it today).
- Next day pour the wine and meat juice into a pan, swish the bag out with a little water. This is the beginning of what will in the end be your delicious gravy.....
- Cut the extra fat, mix.with fresh rosemary, a tsp. of fresh salt and a few generous grinds of black pepper and scrub the joint with your hands all over.
- Put the meat in a hot oven (200°C) for an hour, then turn down to 120°C and leave for another half hour.
- During the last half hour get your veg ready - peel and boil potatoes for 20 mins, strain. Cut beans and broccoli into bite size pieces..
- Put water in the bottom pan and stack the steamers on top. Boil for just 5 minutes then drain the water into the gravy pan.
- And put that on a moderate heat with the onion, bay leaf and garlic. Once bubbling put heat at minimum.
- Take the meat out.
- Put the tasty bits from the tray into the gravy pan.
- Pour the juices into a bowl.
- and put the joint in a serving dish. Cover and leave to rest while you see to the trimmings.
- Carefully spoon the fat from the top of the juices into the beef roasting tin. Spread around, add the boiled potatoes, stir around a bit more, and put in the oven for 10 minutes at 22°.
- Pour the remaining juices 8nto the gravy.
- And add the water from the steaming pan too. Bring to boil and add the gravy granules and 1 teaspoon of corn flour diluted in a little bit of red wine.
- Heat two serving dishes by boiling a kettle and pouring hot water in both. Pour the water down the sink, dry and put veg in one dish.
- And the potatoes in the other one.
- Turn off the oven and put veg and potatoes in to keep warm while you carve the beef. Drain the gravy through a seive and pour a little over the meat. Put the rest in a jug. Enjoy with the rest of that bottle of red wine you uncorked hours ago!!!.
Great recipe for Roast beef with steamed veg and roast potatoes. It's very difficult to get good quality organic beef in Southern Spain so I took advantage of my visit to Leeds last weekend to get a joint and make a traditional English Sunday lunch. Flip roast, fat side down and make ½ inch slices ¾ of the way down, from top to bottom, leaving fatty surface intact. With a slotted spoon, remove the beef and vegetables to a warm platter and keep warm. Recipe: Combi Steam Roast Lamb and Vegetables.